If you like GoogleTranslate, you're also going to like BingTranslate - this extension offers Joomla! backend integration with the Microsoft Translation API. Powerful and fast. All translations are saved in your database, allowing you to correct them before publishing. And it makes your site fly!
- Editor button to translate text
- Support for Joomla! core multilinguality (Joomla! 2.5 or later)
- Support for JoomFish multilingual extension
- Modify your translated text to your needs
- Language (locale) is automatically detected
- No performance loss on your frontend
Quick steps to get it working
- Register a new app on the Windows Azure marketplace
- Purchase BingTranslate for Joomla!here
- Install the component in Joomla!
- Install the plugin in Joomla!
- Enable the plugin using the Plugin Manager
- Enter the Client ID and the Client Secret within the component parameters
- Start translating
- Content that contains PHP-tags can not be translated (empty API-result)
- The API has a free usage limit. Check the Microsoft site for more details: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh847649
About Yireo support subscriptions
This extension is open source: You can use in every way you want, and we do not limit its usage in any way. It does not stop working after some specific time, and you can install it on as many sites as you want.
However, we charge you for a support subscription, which is limited to a certain period: During this period, you get support from us, and get full access to the download-folders of this extension.
When the support subscription expires, nothing stops working on your site. But support will no longer be given, and access to our download-folders is no longer available.