The Static Content plugin allows you to replace the URL to your images or CSS-files with another URL. While you have the responsibility to make sure that this URL is actually serving the same images and CSS-files, this allows for quick integration of static webservers or CDNs in Joomla!.
You like our software? Help us by donation
- To install this plugin, download it from the download-section on this site to your computer.
- Then install the ZIP file from within the Joomla! Administrator as a regular extension.
- Next go to the Plugin Manager to enable this system-plugin. It is listed as "System - Static Content".
- Configure the parameters as needed
To a minimum you need to configure Unsecure URL for the plugin to do anything useful. This URL has to start with http:// and should host an environment that mirrors your normal Joomla! environment. For instance, if your Joomla! template-images are located here:
Then your static server should contain the same folder templates/mytemplate/images.
When entering a value under Secure URL, make sure this is a SSL-based URL. Also consider using a trusted SSL-certificate for both the Joomla! site as the static server (or CDN).
Other options allow you to determine which resources should be moved to the static server:
- Images in the images/ folder
- All kinds of content in the media/ folder
- Joomla! caching files
When loading CSS files from the static server, note that you also might need to copy the neccessary image-files. Because the CSS-files will be served from the same directory-structure as within Joomla!, relative path-links will still work.
Do you think Static Content could be enhanced with a certain feature? Make sure to let us know.
You are the reason we build extensions, and your valuable input makes our extensions better.
Please let us know by using our contact form.