The Static Content plugin allows you to replace the URL to your images or CSS-files with another URL. While you have the responsibility to make sure that this URL is actually serving the same images and CSS-files, this allows for quick integration of static webservers or CDNs in Joomla!.
You like our software? Help us by donation
- To install this plugin, download it from the download-section on this site to your computer.
- Then install the ZIP file from within the Joomla! Administrator as a regular extension.
- Next go to the Plugin Manager to enable this system-plugin. It is listed as "System - Static Content".
- Configure the parameters as needed
To a minimum you need to configure Unsecure URL for the plugin to do anything useful. This URL has to start with http:// and should host an environment that mirrors your normal Joomla! environment. For instance, if your Joomla! template-images are located here:
Then your static server should contain the same folder templates/mytemplate/images.
When entering a value under Secure URL, make sure this is a SSL-based URL. Also consider using a trusted SSL-certificate for both the Joomla! site as the static server (or CDN).
Other options allow you to determine which resources should be moved to the static server:
- Images in the images/ folder
- All kinds of content in the media/ folder
- Joomla! caching files
When loading CSS files from the static server, note that you also might need to copy the neccessary image-files. Because the CSS-files will be served from the same directory-structure as within Joomla!, relative path-links will still work.