When integrating Magento into Joomla! (using your own solution, JFusion or MageBridge), this plugin might give you numerous abilities: With this plugin enabled, any Magento code can be used within the Joomla! application: You can enhance Joomla! modules, plugins, components and templates with extra Magento logic.
- To install this plugin, download it from this page to your computer.
- Then install the ZIP file from within the Joomla! Administrator as a normal extension.
- Next go to the Plugin Manager to enable this system-plugin. It is listed as System - MagentoApi.
After the plugin has been enabled, you can write Magento PHP-code in any part of Joomla! as long as the MagentApi plugin is loaded before your code: Adding Magento code to Joomla! templates, Joomla! modules and Joomla! components is no problem whatsoever. When writing a Joomla! plugin with Magento code, make sure to load this MagentoApi plugin before your own plugin.
The plugin is ment for developers that want to integrate Magento code in Joomla!. The plugin has the following parameters:
- Magento root = The name of the folder where the Magento application is installed
- Use in backend = Load the Magento codebase in the Joomla! backend (default is no)
- Use in frontend = Load the Magento codebase in the Joomla! frontend (default is yes)
- Debug = When enabled, simple debug-messages will appear in the messages-area of Joomla!
About MagentoApi and MageBridge
We have also brought you MageBridge, a complete full-blown bridge between Joomla! and Magento - allowing you to integrate Magento in Joomla! seamlessly. This plugin has no direct relation with MageBridge, however. You can run MageBridge without this plugin, you can use this plugin without MageBridge. The only relationship there is between this plugin and MageBridge, is that the code of this plugin will probably be used in MageBridge version 2.
GitHub open source contributions
Magento API for Joomla! is an open source project, that you can help along with. If you have any improvements, send it to us: Use our public GitHub repository to send us a pull request, or send us a Gist of your code.