MageBridge - Roadmap
With MageBridge, versions are only used as indications, milestones. In almost all cases, the functionality of the new version is implemented through intermediate builds into the current version. Finally, the current version is incremented to become the new version, when all features are implemented and documentation is up-to-date.
Version 1.0 (july 2009)
This is the first official release of MageBridge 1.0, which focusses mainly on the core features of MageBridge (setup, configuration, integration with search, menu-items, SSI/SSO, modules, plugins). See the MageBridge 1.0 Release Notes for more information.
Version 1.1 (august 2009)
This release primarily brings integration with Joom!Fish and Nooku, but also fixes many bugs and adds performance and stability. See the MageBridge 1.1 Release Notes for more details.
Version 1.2 (november 2009)
MageBridge version 1.2 brings support for sh404SEF and adds integrations with JomSocial and Community Builder. It also enhances the user interface by improving modal effects, API-widgets, the update-page, search capabilities, etcetera. See the MageBridge 1.2 Release Notes for more details.
Version 1.3 (february 2010)
MageBridge version 1.3 brings a Content Plugin, more performance and stability, Magento 1.4 support, patches for RocketTheme templates, and much more. See the MageBridge 1.3 Release Notes for more details.
Version 1.4 (april 2010)
MageBridge version 1.4 brings various integrations (Xmap, DOCman, JCE), again more performance and stability, an user manager for migrating users between Joomla! and Magento and an improved GUI. See the MageBridge 1.4 Release Notes for more details.
From this version onwards, sh404SEF is not supported anymore. Check the MageBridge Known Issues for more information.
Version 1.5 (august 2010)
MageBridge version 1.5 brings huge performance improvements, thanks to MageBridge Block Caching and code refactoring. Also, YOOtheme template patches have been introduced, plus various plugins and connectors. See the MageBridge 1.5 Release Notes for more details.
Version 1.6 "Bright" (february 2011)
MageBridge version 1.6 brings full support for Magento 1.5 and Joomla! 1.6 (including all the gadgets of 1.6) but also enhances numerous other features. Also, a MageBridge Professional edition was released, plus a trial-version is now available. See the MageBridge 1.6 Release Notes for more details.
Version 1.7 "Innovate" (oktober 2011)
MageBridge version 1.7 brings support for various platforms (Joomla! 1.7, Joomla! 2.5, Magento 1.6, Nooku Server) as well as integration with CCKs like ZOO and FLEXIcontent. The core was made more stable, with optimized system checks and GUI-enhancements. Also a separate Google Analytics module for MageBridge was released, as well as various new product-connectors. See the MageBridge 1.7 Release Notes for more details.
Version 1.8 "Grounded" (oktober 2012) [current]
MageBridge version 1.8 brings support for Joomla! 3.0, and introduces various new extensions: A Lightbox-plugin, a jQuery slider-module and various newsletter-plugins. See the MageBridge 1.8 Release Notes for more details.
Version 1.9 "Explodes" (Q1 2014)
Features in bold are already available in the current version.
- Move to GitHub of main core-code (excluding some features)
- New MageBridge Update Manager
- End of support for Joomla! 1.5
- End of support for Magento 1.4 (CE)
- Integration of MageBridge in K2 (labs)
- Rewrite of Newsletter Connectors to MageBridge Newsletter Plugins
- Rewrite of Product Connectors to MageBridge Product Plugins
- Rewrite of Store Connectors to MageBridge Store Plugins
- Rewrite of Profile Connectors to MageBridge Profile Plugins
- Beta-version of File API
Version 2.0 "Reinvent" (Q2 2014)
- Revisioning of code-structure
- Bridge-support over HTTP API or File API
- Support for Magento 2 (beta)
Version 2.1 (Q3 2014)
- Support for Magento 2 (stable)
Pending / experimental features
- ACL integration between Joomla! and Magento (pending)
- Support for multiple Magento Websites (pending)
- Configuration-scopes to use different Magento APIs (pending)
Modified on Wednesday, 27 November 2013
More tutorials in this section
- MageBridge 1.5 Release Notes
- MageBridge 1.8 Release Notes
- MageBridge 1.6 Release Notes
- MageBridge 1.7 Release Notes
- MageBridge 1.4 Release Notes
- MageBridge 1.3 Release Notes
- MageBridge 1.2 Release Notes
- MageBridge 1.1 Release Notes
- MageBridge 1.0 Release Notes
- MageBridge - Roadmap