Yireo support forum

Changing Googleplusone Location

How do you modify the location of the G+1 icon? It is currently located under the product name, I am trying to get the icon to show in the same reference location as the "add to wishlist" and "add to compare" on the product page.

Thank you for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi,

The location of any Magento block can be modified in the Magento theme by modifying the XML-layout of your theme. This is documented by Magento here:
www.magentocommerce.com/design_guide

Thank you for your response. Specifically what xml file is the G+1 block located in? I went through all the xml files located in /app/design/frontend/default/MY_TEMPLATE/layout/ and do not see any mention of it.

Thank you for your help

Hi,

We don't build any of our Magento extensions specifically for your theme. Instead, we use the parent-theme instead - just like any other extension would do. Just scan your entire design-folder for the file "googleplusone.xml".

I found googleplusone.xml and now am attempting to alter the reference to "product.info.addto" but am not seeing the anticipated result (after clearing cache). Again I am trying to get the icon to show in the same reference location as the "add to wishlist" and "add to compare" on the product page. Once I change the reference to product.info.addto the icon disappears.

Hi,

And you have made sure to modify the PHTML-template? Please note that we are happy to provide free extensions, but providing you with help with customizing your PHTML-template and/or XML-layout also costs time from our side. If you want to hire us, please send us an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we'll give you a quote. If you are simply looking for community-support, it's best to ask your theming question on the Magento Community Forums instead.

It quite alright. Your vague instructions and recent unwillingness to help convinced me to go elsewhere. Note, if you were more specific on your first post you would not have to waste time posting a "hint" every corresponding day.

Supporting your free products is what convinces your customers to purchase your commercial products. It is safe to say I will not be one of those customers.

Hi,

No problem. Sorry we can't help you modify your custom theme.