Magento API for Joomla!
- Add solid commerce to Joomla
- Integrate APIs when needed
- Code in both Joomla and Magento
When integrating Magento into Joomla (using JFusion or MageBridge or your own bridging solution), this plugin might give you numerous abilities: With this plugin enabled, any Magento code can be used within the Joomla application: You can enhance Joomla! modules, plugins, components and templates with extra Magento logic.
Using this MagentoApi plugin, you can integrate the Magento codebase into Joomla, and write e-commerce code in Joomla using the Magento API.
- Simply configure the Magento path in the Joomla plugin
- Integrate Magento logic in your Joomla extensions
- Rock solid Magento commerce for Joomla
- Install the plugin in the Extension Manager
- Enable the plugin in the Plugin Manager
- Configure the Magento path
After the plugin has been enabled, you can write Magento PHP code in any part of Joomla! as long as the Magento API plugin is loaded before your code: Adding Magento code to Joomla! templates, Joomla! modules and Joomla! components is no problem whatsoever. When writing a Joomla! plugin with Magento code, make sure to load this MagentoApi plugin before your own plugin.
The plugin is ment for developers that want to integrate Magento code in Joomla!. The plugin has the following parameters:
- Magento root = The name of the folder where the Magento application is installed
- Use in backend = Load the Magento codebase in the Joomla! backend (default is no)
- Use in frontend = Load the Magento codebase in the Joomla! frontend (default is yes)
- Debug = When enabled, simple debug-messages will appear in the messages-area of Joomla!
About MagentoApi and MageBridge
We have also brought you MageBridge, a complete full-blown bridge between Joomla! and Magento - allowing you to integrate Magento in Joomla! seamlessly. This plugin has no direct relation with MageBridge, however. You can run MageBridge without this plugin, you can use this plugin without MageBridge. The only relationship there is between this plugin and MageBridge, is that the code of this plugin will probably be used in MageBridge version 2.
Magento API for Joomla! is an open source project, that you can help along with. If you have any code changes, send them to us and together we'll improve this extension: Use our public GitHub repository to send us a pull request.
Do you think Magento API for Joomla! could be enhanced with a certain feature? Make sure to let us know.
You are the reason we build extensions and your valuable input makes our extensions better.
Please let us know by using our contact form.