BingTranslate for Magento
- Get control over your translations
- No need for hiring expensive translators
- Faster than frontend translations
If you like GoogleTranslate, you're also going to like BingTranslate - this extension offers Magento backend integration with the Microsoft Translation API. Powerful and fast. All translations are saved in your database, allowing you to correct them before publishing. And it makes your site fly!
- Translate text in the Magento backend with a single mouse click
- Modify your translated text to your needs
- Support for any Store or Store View
- Language (locale) is automatically detected
- No performance loss on your frontend
Quick steps to get it working
- Apply for OAuth credentials on the Windows Azure marketplace
- Purchase Yireo BingTranslate here
- Install and configure the Yireo BingTranslate module in Magento
- Enter the OAuth-credentials in the Magento System Configuration
- Start translating
For the complete instructions and more features see the online installation guide.
Why BingTranslate instead of GoogleTranslate?
Microsoft has a less known history of providing computer-based translations, but in effect both Google as Microsoft do a good job. However, the GoogleTranslate API is fee-based - it costs about 5 dollarcents per product. The BingTranslate API is free when using a maximum of 2 million characters per month. If you have a couple of 1000 products to translate with few languages, charges could be kept at zero.
To learn more about the BingTranslate pricing, go to the Microsoft Azure Marketplace and search for Microsoft Translator.
Get a Yireo Support Subscription
This extension is open source: You can use in every way you want, and we do not limit its usage in any way. It does not stop working after some specific time, and you can install it on as many sites as you want.
However, we charge you for a support subscription, which is limited to a certain period: During this period, you get support from us, and get full access to the download-folders of this extension.
When the support subscription expires, nothing stops working on your site. But support will no longer be given, and access to our download-folders is no longer available. This gives you great value for a low price.
Do you think BingTranslate could be enhanced with a certain feature? Make sure to let us know.
You are the reason we build extensions, and your valuable input makes our extensions better.
Please let us know by using our contact form.