This Magento extension adds Google +1 (Google Plus One) support to Magento. This Google-feature (comparable with the Facebook Like feature) can be added with a breeze to all your Magento catalog-pages - much more time-efficient than doing things manually.
This module is also listed on the Magento Connect site.
- Automatic addition to all product-pages
- Easy styling through Magento backend options
- Quick and easy setup
- Optional PHP-code allows for further integration (category-pages)
Do you like our software? Why not donate 5 Euro?
Steps to get it working
- Login to the MagentoConnect Manager of your own website
- Install the extension using the MagentoConnect extension key
- Optionally modify settings through System > Configuration > [Catalog] Google Plus One
By default, this extension delivers you the following theme-files:
The XML-layout file adds the GooglePlusOne block only to the product-catalog pages. If you want to include the GooglePlusOne block to other pages (for instance, the category-pages), you will need to use the following code:
The parameter $arguments is expected to be an array. If it is empty, all the settings will be taken from the Magento configuration instead. The arguments also indicate which exact URL is to be liked. By default, if you click on the +1 link the current URL is to be liked. This behaviour can be changed by setting a new URL in the $arguments array.
This is useful for instance when you want to add the +1 functionality to the Magento category-pages. Within the foreach-loop of the products, add the following:
Other arguments that can be set are size and count - see the GooglePlusOne documentation for more information.